M. Sc . Ph. D. (UWC)
Phone:+27 (0)21 959 3263
Fax:+27 (0)21 959
Exploration geochemistry, Economic geology, Environmental geochemistry.
The key research area of interest is in petroleum geology and in particular the applications and integration of petrophysics and seismic in reservoir characterisation. Listed below are some of my current projects.
- Application of petrophysics and seismic in reservoir characterization: A case study on selected wells, in Orange basin, South Africa.
- The assessment of the effects of clay diagenesis on some petrophysical properties of lower cretaceous sandstones, Orange Basin South Africa
- Determination of maturity and quality of source rocks in the Gamtoos Basin,Offshore South Africa
- Petrophysical evaluation of sandstone reservoirs of the central Bredasdorp basin, Block 9, offshore South Africa
- Application of geophysical wireline logs for porosity and permeability characterisation of coal seams for coal bed methane evaluation: Waterberg Basin, South Africa
- Source rock evaluation and characterisation of the shale gas reservoir: Case study of the Whitehill and Prince Albert formations in the Karoo basin