APG233 Geology 233 (20 credits)
[Pre-requisite: APG111 and APG112 and APG231 and APG232 OR GEL131 and GEL234]
• Geological mapping techniques.
• Structural analysis of geological data
• Reporting geological data and report writing.
Main Outcomes: Student should:
• Become aware of, instinctively observe and vividly describe the occurrence and spatial arrangement of various types of rocks in the field.
• Be able to position themselves in the field and record information collected in the field in geological maps at various scales.
• Undertake geological measurements in the field.
• Write geological reports on field exercises.